Engaged employees are more passionate about their work and proactively contribute towards improving the business and its reputation. A study from a respected research body indicates a strong link between high employee engagement and better business outcomes – across industry and company size – whether in good economic times or bad.
Collaboration between team members, or even across teams, is facilitated by cloud technologies and important for social interaction and the feeling of being connected to co-workers.
The following are some ways how cloud-based contact centre technologies are achieving improved employee engagement.
- The right tools: One of the levers that improves employee engagement is whether employees have the right tools to do their work. Here we see cloud solutions empowering call centre employees to work effectively from home or from anywhere, keeping them part of the team and engaged using exciting technology systems they are motivated to operate.
- User-friendly interface and workflow automation: Next-generation cloud-based contact centre services create efficiencies that support employees in their work by delivering the service in an easy to use and understand application that is available on their computers or mobile phones. Customised workflows integrate automatically into the ERP/CRM/ITSM system, thereby reducing duplication, manual tasks and errors. The applications don’t only increase productivity and minimise stress, but they are also fun to use.
- Reliable, real-time information: The analytical power and speed of the cloud is unparalleled and has increased the depth of the reporting and visibility across the contact centre services. Not only does this empower employees, but real-time statistics bring about greater accountability to the team. Reliable data improves and opens communication in teams, which enhances teamwork and builds trust.
- Insights and trends: Cloud technologies deliver live data feeds and complete data-driven insights, enabling management to adapt their business strategy based on trends identified. This also gives managers an opportunity to stay on top of their teams’ performance and to identify areas for improvement.
- Employee coaching: Artificial intelligence (AI) generates a sentiment score on calls made to the service desk. The nature of customer comments in phone calls, text messages, emails, and chat sessions can be properly assessed and used as coaching opportunities for staff to be better kitted to handle various service call situations. Recordings are kept and transcribed automatically to support training initiatives.
- Tailored mentoring and recognition: Supervisors can provide tailored mentoring to individuals when analysing and comparing scores against the floor’s average. These scores also present more opportunities for supervisors to recognise employee performance and express staff appreciation more regularly.
- Better management: Modern cloud contact centre technologies offer users an easy-to-use, intuitive, experience-focused user interface that enables managers and supervisors to change call flows, routing and configuring text-to-speech IVR messages quickly and immediately, without any intervention from IT support or delays while a ticket is queued to an engineer. This empowers supervisors to take decisions quickly to improve the performance of the team in each unique situation.
Restore the passion
Consistent employee engagement improves the physical and mental wellbeing of employees. A well implemented cloud contact centre solution supports employee wellbeing by empowering team leaders to engage more regularly and more meaningfully with employees, from addressing concerns timeously, through changing behaviour, to recognising and rewarding employee performance and more.
Support your company’s vision and values by giving your employees trendy tools to do their work right every day.
Find out more about enterprise voice solutions
Shawn Gradwell, Solutions Architect
Email: [email protected]co.za