Datacentrix' has a committed focus on sustainable development; this sentiment underpins the organisation's objective of being a responsible corporate citizen.
Corporate social investment initiatives
- Corporate Social Investment (“CSI”) is central to realising meaningful transformation and benefits the broader community. We are cognisant of the growing social needs in South Africa and are committed to making a difference by supporting projects that benefit historically disadvantaged sectors of society.
- One of our key focus areas continues to be the investment in education in South Africa. The impact of this strategy is far reaching, touching the individual beneficiaries and the larger community in which they function. Additional social and community engagement initiatives are organised on an ad hoc basis addressing the specific needs of the aged and the area of health.
- Datacentrix has taken up the challenge to incentivise corporate citizens to help address the inequality in our education system by collectively enhancing the teaching and learning process in schools across Southern Africa with eLearning. We offer customers, as well as local and international enterprises, the opportunity to be involved in the upskilling of South Africa's youth.
- Datacentrix has been a proud supporter of the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy since 2010. The Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy, established by the St Stithians Foundation in October 2005, is a private public educational partnership between the independent and public school sectors, educators, learners and corporate partners. It has adopted a multi-pronged approach for addressing the maths and science crisis facing our country.
- 702 CEO SleepOut: Datacentrix CEO, Ahmed Mahomed participated in the CEO SleepOut that took place in Johannesburg in 18 June 2015 to raise awareness and funds to help give vulnerable children an opportunity, a purpose and a place to call home.
- The Datacentrix employee scholarship support scheme funds school fees for qualifying staff.
- Datacentrix sponsors the Exxaro Mountain Bike Academy that is helping to transform the sport in South Africa by increasing the number of previously disadvantaged riders.
- Thandanani Children's Foundation: Founded in 1989, Thandanani facilitates community-based care and supports orphans and other vulnerable children (particularly those affected and infected by HIV and Aids) in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands area. The charity equips community-based volunteer teams to respond to the children's basic material, physical, cognitive and emotional needs. Datacentrix has been supporting the foundation since 2013.
- 67 minutes for Mandela: On 18 July, Datacentrix participates in the initiative where every individual has the power to change the world one helping hand at a time. Teams and individuals spend 67 minutes on 18 July every year performing various community and social responsibility activities.
- Members from Datacentrix participate in the 14 hour CANSA Relay for Life to raise awareness and funds for the fight against cancer.
- Datacentrix' Western Cape EIM team supports an annual soup kitchen in Philippi alongside the Philippi Farm Community Organisation that provides a warm meal, nonperishable food, clothing and toys for distribution to nearly 400 adults and children.
Datacentrix demonstrates its heart for people
Datacentrix and its people went all out to support its Durban-based teams and community members that were impacted by the food shortages caused by the looting that took place in KwaZulu-Natal during the second week of July 2021. The Group’s employees donated non-perishable goods and money, which was put towards buying bulk vegetable and food supplies through its ‘This is Us’ initiative, which the company started in 2020. The company chartered a plane and sent 1,200 kilograms of food and supplies to its Durban branch on Friday, 15 July and a further 2,150 kilograms on the Monday for distribution to community members. Our gratitude goes to every person involved in making the initiative a resounding success.
Corporate Park North
238 Roan Crescent, 1685
Old Pretoria Road, Midrand
PO Box 50722
Tel: +27 87 741 5000
Fax: +27 87 741 5100
25° 56' 18.48" S
28° 08' 32.58" E