Keeping transactional data safe
The Datacentrix digital experts solve real-world problems using blockchain as a reliable system for recording information and transactions to guarantee information accuracy, integrity, security and consistency throughout the network without fail.
As a concept, blockchain is a distributed public ledger where transactions are governed and maintained by protocols through consensus of the nodes participating in its network.
- The data structure comprises blocks that are linked together as a chain
- Transactions are grouped together to form logical containers
Blockchain is a peer-to-peer distributed network where all the nodes in the network are deemed equal to each other.
- Nodes perform the exact same set of operations and maintain the exact same copy of the ledger across all nodes
- Transactions are maintained through mutual consensus among the participating nodes on the network
- A block of transactions is only added into the distributed ledger when a majority of the nodes approve its validity.
- Once a block of transactions is added to the distributed ledger, it becomes immutable and cannot be changed by anyone within the network.
- Blocks are public as long as participants have network access and can identify themselves to the network.
- Access is administered by a central administrative entity within the network.
Corporate Park North
238 Roan Crescent, 1685
Old Pretoria Road, Midrand
PO Box 50722
Tel: +27 87 741 5000
Fax: +27 87 741 5100
25° 56' 18.48" S
28° 08' 32.58" E